I promised I’d start doing this again, so here goes!
From Woolworths was got:
- 5 kg Laucke Multigrain bread mix $12.57
- 2 l Cadbury Vanilla ice cream $ 5.00
Total = $17.57
- 500 g Pizza cheese $4.79
- 500 g Dairy Spread $2.99
- 500 g Fish fillets $3.99
- Beef silverside $8.58
- 500g steakhouse fries $2.49
- 500 g frozen stir fry veg $1.99
- Pork Loin Roast $15.36
- 1 kg SR flour $0.75
- Wholemeal tortilla wraps $1.99
- 1 kg Caster sugar $1.99
- 1 kg Plain flour $0.75
- 4 x corn snack packs $2.29
- 1 x Microwave brown rice pack $1.49
- 1 x 700 ml Passata $1.59
- 2 x 400 g plain diced tomatoes $1.18
- 1 x 400g tomatoes w. herbs $0.59
- 1 x 800 g can pie apples $2.99
- 1 x 397 g can condensed milk $1.69
- 1 x 455 g jar Vegemite $6.59
- 1 x 400 ml tin coconut cream $0.89
- 1 x 400 ml lite coconut cream $0.89
- 1 x 250 g jar minced garlic $1.19
- 1 x 500 g squeeze pack honey $5.49
- 1 kg brown onions $1.29
Total = 76.44
And looking at that picture, I’ve just realised that I bought two cans of condensed milk but was charged for only one!
And from the greengrocer:
- potatoes $1.80
- Granny Smith apples $1.78
- Red capsicums $2.19
Total = $5.77
A total spend of $99.78
And I’m happy with that. The ‘fun’ things this week were the ice-cream so we could have something naughty in the freezer 😉 and the passata. I want to use some in the pressure canning I’m doing and, when I saw it there, I grabbed a bottle. I need to check out the recipe I want to use to see what else is needed, but I’ve made a start.
Tonight our dinner was Almost Fried Rice using some of the leftover corned beef from Sunday dinner.
And I spent a goodly part of the day mixing up a lemon sponge for my Thursday lunch group. There were a couple of small mishaps – but it’s all ready to go now.
Hopefully, they’ll be able to overlook my truly horrendous effort at icing it, because it now looks truly hideous.
I hate icing. Do you think it shows? The Boy tells me that, once it’s cut up and on their plates, no-one will care what it looks like.
Until tomorrow, lovelies.
Like this? Follow us on Facebook or subscribe to receive updates by email.